Punta Gorda Downtown Merchants Association, Inc.
Mission: To advance the revitalization of downtown by supporting and promoting existing businesses and new businesses. Working for development that is pedestrian friendly and presents an overall image of quality.
Where: The area of Punta Gorda covered by the Downtown Merchants Association is from the Peace River south to Charlotte Avenue, MLK Boulevard on the east to Harvey Street on the west.
Why: Our aim is to be pro-active with our City Fathers in helping them make the right choices in getting us moving more quickly and in the right direction.
Board of Directors:
- Jerry Presseller-Chairman,Big Cheese Gourmet Shop
- Mary Mowat- Vice Chair, River City Grill
- Yvonne Kirdy -Secretary, Florida Community Bank
- John Wright – Treasurer, PG Chamber
- Serena Wyckoff, Copperfish Books
- Bonnie Benande – Director, Sea Grape Gallery
- David Cambell – Campbell’s Enrolled Agents
Membership to the Association gives downtown businesses a voice in this work as well as the opportunity to be a part of our promotional events. Three types of membership levels make belonging to the organization affordable. Click here for an Application
Other opportunities include having your business listed in our Gallery Walk Map and buying power for group advertising.
The focus of the Association is to help grow Downtown Punta Gorda and its businesses. Please help us help everyone in our downtown.
Every October is OKTOBERFEST, always on the 1st Saturday of October. This is a FREE Admission event held downtown in front of the Historic Courthouse on Taylor Street. Time: 4 to 9pm. Enjoy authentic German Umpah music. Purchase beer, wine, soda and wursts, along with pretzels, German pork dishes, and more. Truly a FREE Admission, FUN evening.
ALIVE AFTER FIVE
Held every 3rd Thursday of the month from 5 – 8 pm. Participating downtown merchants stay open late and provide live music, artist wares and demonstrations, and freebies. Stroll around the downtown area – end up at one of the wonderful restaurants for a drink and a bite to eat. It’s a downtown tradition! https://www.facebook.com/AliveAfter5PuntaGorda/
Award winning Farmers Market, over 25 vendors, held every Saturday in front of our Historic Courthouse. Click here for more info
Opened in the Fall of 2010 in the Herald Court Centre. Different artisans are in-house, working right before your eyes. These artisans are available to answer your questions as well as sell their works. The Atelier operate from 11A to 5P, Monday through Saturday. It is opened on LIVE AFTER FIVE nights till 8 pm.
- Ace Hardware of Punta Gorda
- Artisans Atelier
- Arts and Humanities Council
- Bayside eye Center
- Big Cheese Gourmet Shop
- Blanchard House
- Brightway Insurance
- Campbells Enrolled Agents
- Carmelo’s Ristorante
- Carries Interiors
- Celtic Ray
- Centennial Bank
- Charlotte Community Foundation
- Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce
- Charlotte County Tourism Bureau
- Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center
- Charlotte Sun / SunCoast Media Group, Inc.
- Copperfish Books
- Deans South of the Border
- Edward Jones- Adam Cummings
- Farr Law Firm
- Florida Community Bank
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Fresh Power Smoothies and Sandwiches
- Harbor Style Magazine
- Hesslers Floor Coverings
- Hurricane Charley’s Raw Bar and Grill
- Janine Smith
- Laishley Crab House
- Landmark Realty
- McCrory Law Firm
- Morgan Stanley
- Orange House Wine Bar
- Peace River Car Club
- Peter’s Knife-Shop LLC
- Pilates For Life