Dated August 9,2022
Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity
Construction Crew Leaders
Habitat for Humanity is looking to fill two full-time positions as an AmeriCorps National Construction Crew Leader– 10.5 month posting in Punta Gorda, includes living expenses and additional benefits.
Serve a critical role in helping Charlotte County Habitat homeowners achieve a better future through building our Habitat residential 3 bedroom/2 bath/single-car garage homes. In this position you will help construct Habitat homes along with our site supervisors and homeowners, lead groups of volunteers, work as part of a team and learn new skills.
Assist with hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping. The majority of the projects will be new construction homes. Be involved with project management, materials management, safety and record keeping.
Living allowance of $17,000 for 10.5 months of service, Segal Education Award of $6,495 upon successful completion of service, healthcare included and affordable shared-housing available*
(*See website for all program benefits and conditions.)
A unique experience awaits you in paradise! Bring your passion, enthusiasm and desire to learn for an outstanding chance to have a real impact in the lives of others while building your knowledge and skill set.
Please visit the link below for a detailed job description and to apply. Call Jill for additional information at 941.639.3162.
Schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, 7:30 am to 4 pm.
Virginia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Full time, Limited Benefits, Clinical Services
Nurse Practitioners serve as essential members of the VBA healthcare team. Our team is committed to the delivery of high quality evidenced-based medical care with a focus on prevention, behavior change, health promotion and health maintenance activities that affect long-term health outcomes. Direct tasks of APRN’s include coordination of all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatment, and consultation, and serving as leaders within the clinical setting.
• Commitment to the Virginia B. Andes Volunteer Community Clinic, Inc. philosophy of care and understanding of the non-profit mission and experience.
• Current State of Florida License as a Nurse Practitioner.
• New APRN graduates are encouraged to apply.
• 1-year experience in a clinical setting preferred.
• Ability to practice independently while functioning as a leader within the healthcare team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Contact by email only, attach resume:
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte Punta Gorda
Registers patients and processes related paperwork. Duties include interviewing patients, preparing standard registration forms, and performing other admission or transfer related tasks. May be expected to perform clerical and secretarial work. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Typically reports to a supervisor and/or manager.
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 1-2 years of work experience in a related field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
How to Apply:
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – PCU – Days
Department: Progressive Care Unit
Performs various direct patient care activities under the supervision of a registered nurse. Assists patients in dressing or undressing, bathing or eating. Collects non-invasive body fluid specimens or gathers vital signs but does not start or administer intravenous fluids. Aids physicians and nursing staff members with procedures if needed. Documents patient interactions as needed. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a registered nurse or manager. Requires a high school diploma and certification from an accredited nursing assistant program. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures.
Full-Time and PRN Phlebotomist
Sign On Bonus and Competitive Pay
- Performs venipuncture or capillary punctures on inpatients and outpatients to obtain specimens for tests ordered for diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- Performs registrations and order entry for patient orders
High school graduate or GED required, phlebotomy training preferred
Will train; flexible schedules
Great way to get your foot in the door of a Fortune 500 company
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda is looking for volunteers that are compassionate, caring and are willing to commit four hours per week for at least a six-month time period with a minimum of 60 hours.
Our volunteers graciously donate their time and energy assisting our patients and staff. Depending on your interests and the needs of the facility, you may volunteer in areas that provide you with patient interaction, like the emergency room and information desk, or in areas like the business office, human resources and the education department. You will have the opportunity to volunteer at any of our facilities: ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte or ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda. Prospective volunteers are interviewed for placement, attend an orientation session and receive required training.
Peace River Wildlife Center
Development Director (Full time)
Responsible for driving the success of our vital revenue programs, to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. This includes planning and organizing fundraising activities to implement our Capital Campaign and Fundraising Plan, managing the development budget and identifying and applying for financial grants to achieve our overall goals.
- Help our donors establish and implement their philanthropic goals
- Develop fundraising goals with the Board and execute the fundraising plan
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Report regularly on fundraising progress to management and the Board
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
- Develop and implement Planned Giving and Legacy Programs
- Seek, apply for and successfully secure funding through grants
- Design and develop marketing materials to support the above programs
- Develop Value Propositions which drive participation in all fundraising programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing, new and prospective donors
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Plan and administer fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Develop and implement face-to-face and other donor solicitations
- Assist in recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in our fundraising efforts
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to actively support and help reach them
- Experience in non-profit development and live in our area or are willing to relocate to our area at your own expense.
- Passionate about our cause and express that passion effectively
- Enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is one of your strong skills. You know how to make effective decisions
- Embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- Actively and constantly listen to all constituents, focus on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits.
- Excel in written and oral communication
Regional Account Manager
Lightspeed Voice is an award-winning hosted VoIP telecommunications provider that serves our enterprise-grade platform to businesses across the country. We’re looking for smart, adventurous, hardworking people to join our exciting and forward-thinking team and be a part of our growth and success.
Lightspeed Voice is now recruiting a Regional Account Manager (RAM) to drive sales activity. The RAM is responsible for prospecting, cold calling and cultivating new customers, partners and account relationships. In this important and exciting position, the RAM is expected to support the sales efforts of Lightspeed Voice’s products and workflow solutions.
The core of your role will be centered around phone and webinar communications with customers and prospects, while working with our internal sales and marketing teams to increase customer growth.
For a copy of the full job description, detailed list of benefits and income expectations, please send an email to Ed Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All In One Hair
Must be able to do hair color and foils.
Hours: 8:30 am to 4 pm, Tuesday-Friday. On commission.
Salon is located in Burnt Store Shopping Center,
3941 Tamiami Trail in Punta Gorda.
Call 941.637.3839 and ask for Holly.
C.A.R.E. of Charlotte County
C.A.R.E is always looking to recruit new, helping faces! If you are looking to help make a significant impact in the community, feel free to visit our website www.carefl.org
or call 941.639.5499. We look forward to meeting you and helping victims of all violent crimes.
Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home And Cemetery
Family Service Advisor
We currently have an opening for a Family Service Advisor at Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home in Punta Gorda. This position lends the opportunity to begin a rewarding career, not just a job!
Under the supervision of Sales Manager or his/her designee, the Preplanning Advisor customarily and regularly sells cemetery services, property and merchandise, as well as pre-need funeral services and merchandise in accordance with the goals established by sales management. Sales are made both at-need and pre-need.
All job functions and requirements are carried out within the context and framework of the company’s mission, stated values and ethical guidelines as well as policies, procedures, schedules and local, state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
Experience in commissioned sales is highly desirable, requires an insurance license or the ability to obtain an insurance license, valid driver’s license, clear driving record and liability insurance on any personal vehicle that is used while performing job duties. Must have the ability to travel independently using public transportation or a ridesharing or passenger transport service.
We provide a competitive sales compensation package including base salary, commissions and bonus opportunities.
No phone calls please.
City of Punta Gorda
We invite you to become a part of the team that works to preserve and enhance Punta Gorda’s identity as a vibrant waterfront community, unique in character and history; and as a desirable place to live, work and visit.
Keller Williams Peace River Partners
Real Estate Agents
We are currently recruiting agents – experienced and newly licensed. FREE online classes available if you are interested in getting your Florida real estate license.
Contact Geri Vice for more information at 239.771.0227
Illusions Salon & Spa
Massage therapists (MM40241)
We are looking to grow! We are looking for team players to join our wonderful team! We offer growth opportunities and 401k. Experience a must for high traffic spa.
Florida licensed professionals only
Illusions Salon & Spa, 115 Taylor Rd., Punta Gorda
Nurse Next Door Home Care Agency
Hiring CNAs, HHAs, Caregivers and Companions
Founded in 2001 in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Nurse Next Door Home Care Services has been disrupting the home health care industry ever since. Nurse Next Door is a global home care brand that helps seniors stay at home. We operate internationally with 200+ locations, and are continuing to expand our global footprint.
- Flexible schedules — work when and where they want
- One-on-one care — work directly with their client to provide the best care possible
- Support — 24-hour access to the Nurse Next Door Care Services Center
- Onboarding and training — eLearning, video and self-study resources
- Career as a caregiver — growth and development opportunities
- Competitive pay — $15-$18/hour
To apply, call Natalya Koshman at 941.244.5080
Suncoast Humane Society
Suncoast Humane Society, a non-profit organization, is looking for a highly motivated individual to oversee their volunteer program. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining an effective volunteer program that meets the needs of all of our programs. Candidate must be highly organized with strong attention to detail, have strong written and oral communication skills, must be a team player, and must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Compassion for people and animals a must.
Please send your resume to Fatime Duka at email@example.com
. No phone calls please.
Suncoast Humane Society is looking to hire a truck driver for our thrift stores in Englewood and Venice. The right candidate will pick up and deliver furniture, boxes of household items, and other goods as assigned. This position will work with an assistant in loading, unloading and picking up of donations. Excellent customer service skills are required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more, pick up furniture, and drive a 14′ box truck. A valid Florida driver’s license is required. Please send resume and cover letter to Leah Cornish, Director of Business & Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls please.
Suncoast Humane Society is looking to hire a full time, passionate and experienced Veterinarian. Our vision is to celebrate a community whose pets are safe, protected and loved. This is a skilled, professional position requiring the performance of surgical sterilization, preventive health care, and overseeing medical examination and treatment of animals received at Suncoast Humane Society. This includes supervising surgical assisting staff. A Doctoral degree of Veterinarian Medicine is required and two years of experience is preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Fatime Duka, Interim Director of Operations, at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Copy Life Inc.
Copy Life, Inc is a local family-owned Office Equipment Dealer servicing Charlotte, Desoto, Hardee, Glades, Hendry, Highlands and Polk counties.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to grow our existing customer base in our Charlotte County territory.
As a Sales Representative, you will:
- Manage the relationship with our current customers and explore opportunities to expand our business.
- New Business Development – Actively prospect using in person calls, phone and social media to gain new customers and increase market share in assigned territory.
- Update records and sales activities in Salesforce on a daily basis.
- Achieve monthly sales quota.
We offer a competitive salary + commissions and benefits including health insurance. First year earnings $60K – $100K based on performance and desire to achieve goals.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Wealth Management Client Associate – Full Time
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Client Associate (CA) role is a sales support position, typically providing dedicated operational and sales support to multiple Financial Advisors (FAs). Incumbents may also on a regular basis support office initiatives, in addition to the businesses of particular FAs. For established clients, the CA will often serve as the most frequent point of contact with Merrill Lynch.
- Minimum of 1+ years professional or relevant internship experience required
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination (SIE), Series 7 & 66 or 63/65 licenses preferred; if hired without licenses, depending on the needs of the business, you may be required to obtain registrations within a specified timeframe if being hired into a registered job code
- Knowledge of investment and banking products, policies and procedures
- Strong client service and technical skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
Desired Skills: Undergraduate Degree
For inquiries please contact Samantha Somers, RDA at 941.637.4390
Sun News Media
Real Estate Specialist
This is a newly created position that will specialize in working with local real estate professionals in Charlotte County and Englewood. We’re looking for just the right person to partner with our local realtors, brokers, agents and the real estate affiliates to help in branding their business, gain listings, sell homes, products and services. The selected candidate will help their customers through a variety of multi-media strategies and tactics. These strategies include print, digital, video, social media, email and direct marketing solutions. In addition to day-to-day sales activities, you will be involved with local boards and participate in realtor events.
We prefer sales experience with some knowledge of the real estate industry. This is an opportunity to work with a great group of people in a fun industry while making a great income and working for a fantastic company. We offer competitive compensation with great benefits. Base salary of $36,000 with commission opportunities to more than double your base.
Home Health and Assisted Living Caregivers
We are hiring all positions
and pay is based on experience and availability. Must be able to pass a level two background check and have reliable transportation.
Granny Nannies Home Care
Weekday CNA/HHA needed ASAP in the areas of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Arcadia and Englewood.
Must be vaccinated and have a copy of your CNA/HHA certification. Must be dependable and on-time!
Job types: Full time, Part time. Salary: $13-$17 an hour
Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (Doctor’s appointment, walks, etc.)
Must be patient, understanding, caring and passionate.
Nino’s Bakery & Restaurant
FT, PT Positions Available
Are you looking for a rewarding job in the food service industry? Nino’s Bakery & Restaurant currently has Full- & Part-time Positions Available: Waitstaff, Bartenders, Baking and Culinary. We pay well for people with good customer skills and who like to work hard. And there is opportunity for career growth. Apply on our website, ninosbakery.us/food-service-jobs-available
or on our Indeed.com Nino’s page
We operate a full retail and commercial bakery, serving both the public and wholesale customers. We create cakes, pies, cookies, pastries and breads. We service commercial clients with packaged meals – as well as provide food for business and personal functions.
In our restaurant, we serve breakfast and lunch 7 days a week, dinner 6 days a week. We operate a full-service bar. On selected evenings, we feature entertainment. Hours of operation are 7 am through 8/10 pm. Work at Nino’s in a friendly, relaxed, family culture.
Media Sales Executive
Florida Media Group, LLC publisher of Florida Weekly, Wellen Park Journal and Florida Weekly Digital is searching for a Media Sales Executive in Punta Gorda.
Full benefits, vacation time, uncapped earning potential and a collaborative culture are just some of the great benefits this role and company has to offer.
- Identify new business opportunities, aggressively pursue them and close new sales.
- Provide strategic advice and help businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients’ monthly investments.
- Stay informed of print and digital advertising best practices.
- Possess a hunter’s mentality
- Strong relationship building interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- A strong network and reputation is highly preferred
- Excellent listening, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive to succeed
Background check, drug test and driving record verified prior to employment.
Burnt Store Marina Country Club
Positions are part time. You must be flexible to work various shifts including days, night, weekends and holidays.
Contact Peggy Miller at 941.639.4151 or stop by in person. We are located at 24315 Vincent Avenue, off Burnt Store Road, about 8 miles south of Punta Gorda.
Creative Window Treatments
Window Treatment Decorator/Designer
Join our team in Punta Gorda and Englewood. Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Soft Treatments. Hunter Douglas product knowledge a plus.
- Customer Service focused
- Good math skills and detail oriented
- Professional and dependable
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to figure yardage for soft treatments
- Experienced with Excel
Right at Home
Caregivers, Companion Care
Right at Home is a leading in-home care provider for seniors and disabled adults. We are looking for caring and compassionate caregivers and companion care who want to make a difference in the life of a senior and their family.
Want to help seniors and others remain living independently in the privacy and comfort of their own home? Would you like to feel good about your work? Get the right career with Right at Home.
What we can offer:
- Immediate shifts available
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training
- Supportive environment
Applicants can apply online
or in person at our office at 2960 S. McCall Rd. Unit 205, Englewood.