Connect with Us on
Current Employment Opportunities
This Week's Employment Opportunities Bulletin
Dated May 17, 2022
Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association (PGICA)
Membership Coordinator (Full time)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership Coordinator is responsible for growing the PGICA membership through marketing campaigns and community outreach by developing and implementing membership recruitment and retention strategies, and works as a liaison between the association and its members.
As a high-profile role, this position requires outstanding customer service, sales, communication and organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office; a positive and outgoing personality; a high degree of judgement, initiative and confidentiality; and a commitment to the mission and values of the Punta Gorda Isles Civic Association.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Veteran Case Manager (Full time)
The Veteran Case Manager is responsible for directing and supervising case management services to Veterans and their families who qualify for the Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) program. The purpose of these services is to assist the impacted veteran/family develop and implement a plan to stabilize their household with the goal of stable housing and economic self-sufficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with the impacted veteran or veteran family to assess needs, provide services, and refer clients to additional community resources.
- Document all activities involved in this process and maintain, store and dispose of case files according to contract & grant requirements and disposition schedules.
- Respond to requests for information from staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Help maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data entered into the agency’s CIS and accounting systems.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the Agency’s mission, goals, initiatives and programs.
- Participate in staff meetings, and staff development sessions as appropriate.
- Network with other Charlotte County agencies to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Maintain statistical data and complete monthly reports.
- Supervision of Veteran Case Worker volunteers
- Act as the primary contact for all Veteran Services.
- Operate within the budgetary constraints of the program.
- Ensure that the Veteran Program is carried out to promote client self-sufficiency and that clients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Work closely with the Veteran representative to ensure quality care.
- Transport clients to appointments as needed.
- Build activity and group veteran programs.
- Conduct client follow-up as required.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Respect confidentiality at all times
- Establish and maintaining effective working relationships with agencies and individuals
- Interview, assess, develop, implement, monitor, terminate, and provide follow-up on the mutually agreed upon plan with clients
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Support colleagues
- Interest in working with diverse groups and commitment to the Agency’s mission
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two year’s relevant experience or Master’s degree
This position requires satisfactory approval through the DCF level II background check process by the state of Florida and will require renewal every 5 years.
We are a drug free workplace
The Homeless Coalition pays 75% – 100% Medical Insurance cost for only the employee.
Pay: $35,000 – $38,000 per year
Emergency Shelter Case Manager (Full time)
The role is to organize agency and community resources with the goal of obtaining permanent housing for clients. The Case Manager promotes client’s achievement of self-sufficiency by developing an Individual Service Plan that will guide clients in achieving their goals. In addition, the Case Manager works with clients to overcome obstacles such as transportation, employment, medical/mental health issues, childcare, and assists clients through the application process for available resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Individual Service Plans and document progress towards the plan’s goals reinforcing client’s personal accountability
- Develop partnerships and network with community agencies that best serve the general and specific needs of homeless clients
- Provides on-site support and supervision of residents and activities.
- Maintains effective working relationships with agency staff and residents.
- Participates in staff meetings and staff development sessions as deemed necessary.
- Retains Med Assist Certification.
- Completes MAR and Med Distribution logs.
- Maintain client information in CIS database and attend CIS related work groups and meetings.
- Receiving inquiries over the phone and educating referral sources about Shelter services and intake procedures.
- Ensuring completion of intake paperwork and set up and maintenance of resident files.
- Completion of resident guidelines & responsibilities with clients.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as requested or assigned.
Responsible to: Shelter Program Manager
- Associates degree and two years experience in mental health, substance abuse or homeless populations preferred.
- Proof of valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- This position requires satisfactory approval through the DCF level II background check process by the state of Florida and will require renewal every 5 years.
- Drug free workplace.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to type at a desk, walk premises and lift between 10 and 20 pounds.
Work Remotely: No
Full time receives full benefits, the Coalition pays 75%-100% of employee’s health insurance.
This is an hourly position.
Job Posting ends on May 16, 2022
Pay: $36,000 – $38,000 per year
To apply, contact Joanna Pohopin, Director of Human Resources at 941.627.4313 x132.
Coastal Expressions & Wine + (Bar)
Need to fill a position regarding food prep & preparing daily orders. The position will include weekday and/or evenings. Occasional special events. Approx. 12+ hours/week. $11/hr. Please send resume to: email@example.com or call 941.214.8599.
Need to fill (1) position in the boutique/retail. Greeting and checking customers out. Position will include weekdays. Approx. 12+ hours/week. $11/hr. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941.214.8599.
ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda
Phlebotomist – FT Sign On Bonus!
Draws and collects blood samples from patients, verifies records and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. May prick finger to draw blood. May conduct interviews, take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to screen donors at blood bank. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Requires a high school diploma and/or certification by a nationally recognized body. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Education Required: High School or better
Experience: Preferred Previous Phlebotomy experience
Monitor Tech / Unit Secretary – Critical Care Unit – FT
Examines heartbeat patterns on electrocardiograph monitors. Makes note of irregular rhythms and monitors changes in heartbeat. Ensures that monitors are functioning properly. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred and at least 1 year of experience in the field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
To qualify for a Monitor Tech position an employee must be trained in basic cardiac arrhythmia interpretation and observes cardiac monitors. Accurately identifies cardiac rhythms and notifies Clinical Manager and/or caregiver when cardiac rhythm changes occur. Promotes and maintains patient support including but not limited to: interprets and post rhythm strips and protocol, performs 12 lead EKGs.
Other duties may include: Responsible for providing clerical support for all employees within an assigned nursing unit. Maintains and updates patients’ records for a given unit. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area with an active FL CNA License. Functions as the unit receptionist, greets visitors and patients, responds to physician inquiries and requests, uses appropriate line of communication and authority. Assists with the admission and discharge of patients. Responsible for accurate data entry of all information required for the development and maintenance of the patient record. Maintains department statistics and prepares monthly reports as directed. Performs duties in accordance with established policies and procedures of Bayfront Health. Performs other duties as assigned. Performs patient access functions as requested
Now Hiring Admitting Clerks
Under the supervision of the Patient Access Supervisor, performs registration of inpatients, outpatients and emergency care center patients.
Maintains knowledge of third party billing requirements and insurance coverage.
High school graduate or GED required, One – three years medical experience in a hospital or physician’s office preferred. Specialized training in patient registration, Medicare, insurance guidelines and medical terminology preferred.
Will train; flexible schedules!
A great way to get your foot in the door of a Fortune 500 company
Visit our site: shorepointhealthcharlotte.com for all our great opportunities!
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda is looking for volunteers that are compassionate and caring and are willing to commit 4 hours per week for at least a 6 month time period with a minimum of 60 hours.
Our volunteers graciously donate their time and energy assisting our patients and staff. Depending on your interests and the needs of the facility, you may volunteer in areas that provide you with patient interaction, like the emergency room and information desk, or in areas like the business office, human resources and the education department. You will have the opportunity to volunteer at any of our facilities: ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte or ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda. Prospective volunteers are interviewed for placement, attend an orientation session and receive required training.
Apply online at https://www.shorepointhealthcharlotte.com/volunteer-opportunities. For more information please email heather.rozelle@ShorePointhealth.com.
C.A.R.E. of Charlotte County
C.A.R.E is always looking to recruit new, helping faces! If you are looking to help make a significant impact in the community, feel free to visit our website www.carefl.org or call our admin office at 941.639.5499. We look forward to meeting you and helping victims of all violent crimes.
Nurse Next Door Home Care Agency
Hiring CNAs, HHAs, Caregivers and Companions
Founded in 2001 in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Nurse Next Door Home Care Services has been disrupting the home health care industry ever since. Nurse Next Door is a global home care brand that helps seniors stay at home. We operate internationally with 200+ locations, and are continuing to expand our global footprint.
- Flexible schedules — work when and where they want
- One-on-one care — work directly with their client to provide the best care possible
- Support — 24-hour access to the Nurse Next Door Care Services Center
- Onboarding and training — eLearning, video and self-study resources
- Career as a caregiver — growth and development opportunities
- Competitive pay — $15-$18/hour.
To apply, call Natalya Koshman at 941.244.5080
Copy Life Inc.
Copy Life, Inc is a local family-owned Office Equipment Dealer servicing Charlotte, Desoto, Hardee, Glades, Hendry, Highlands and Polk counties.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to grow our existing customer base in our Charlotte County territory.
As a Sales Representative, you will:
- Manage the relationship with our current customers and explore opportunities to expand our business.
- New Business Development – Actively prospect using in person calls, phone and social media to gain new customers and increase market share in assigned territory.
- Update records and sales activities in Salesforce on a daily basis.
- Achieve monthly sales quota.
We offer a competitive salary + commissions and benefits including health insurance. First year earnings $60K – $100K based on performance and desire to achieve goals.
Candidates interested should send resume to email@example.com
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Wealth Management Client Associate – Full Time
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies and institutions. Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Client Associate (CA) role is a sales support position, typically providing dedicated operational and sales support to multiple Financial Advisors (FAs). Incumbents may also on a regular basis support office initiatives, in addition to the businesses of particular FAs. For established clients, the CA will often serve as the most frequent point of contact with Merrill Lynch.
- Minimum of 1+ years professional or relevant internship experience required
- Securities Industry Essentials Examination (SIE), Series 7 & 66 or 63/65 licenses preferred; if hired without licenses, depending on the needs of the business, you may be required to obtain registrations within a specified timeframe if being hired into a registered job code
- Knowledge of investment and banking products, policies & procedures
- Strong client service & technical skills (MS Word & Excel)
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
Desired Skills: Undergraduate Degree
For inquiries please contact Samantha Somers, RDA @ 941.637.4390
Illusions Salon & Spa
Massage therapists (MM40241)
We are looking to grow! We are looking for team players to join our wonderful team! We offer growth opportunities and 401k. Experience a must for high traffic spa.
Please apply online for careers at illusionsofpg.com.
Florida licensed professionals only
Illusions Salon & Spa, 115 Taylor Rd., Punta Gorda
Koch & Company CPA
Experienced Tax Preparer / Staff Accountant Needed
- Full-time and Part time position available.
- Preparing individual and/or corporate tax returns
- Perform general bookkeeping and accounting activities; organize and complete financial forms, documents, and receipts.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge and experience with tax programs computer system
- QuickBooks experience desired.
Email resume to Rex@kochcpas.com
Administrative Assistant – Full or Part time
Seeking an individual with good computer skills, verbal and written communication skills, able to multi-task, good customer service experience, bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Must be Computer literate: knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is a must.
Bookkeeping and or tax knowledge is a plus.
We offer pay and benefits equal to your experience and capability. Please submit salary expectations and a resume to: Rex@kochcpas.com
Koch & Company CPA P.A. is located at 252 W. Olympia Avenue, Downtown Punta Gorda
Home Health and Assisted Living Caregivers
We are hiring all positions and pay is based on experience and availability. Must be able to pass a level two background check and have reliable transportation.
To apply, call Kristina at 941.559.6425 or email Kristina@grandcareplus.com
Granny Nannies Home Care
Weekday CNA/HHA Needed ASAP
Weekday CNA/HHA needed ASAP in the areas of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Arcadia and Englewood.
Must be vaccinated and have a copy of your CNA/HHA certification. Must be dependable and on-time!
Job types: Full time, Part time. Salary: $13-$17 an hour
Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (Doctor’s appointment, walks, etc.)
Must be patient, understanding, caring and passionate.
Inquire at 941.743.7606 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nino’s Bakery & Restaurant
FT, PT Positions Available
Are you looking for a rewarding job in the food service industry? Nino’s Bakery & Restaurant currently has Full- & Part-time Positions Available: Waitstaff, Bartenders, Baking and Culinary. We pay well for people with good customer skills and who like to work hard. And there is opportunity for career growth. Apply on our website, ninosbakery.us/food-service-jobs-available or on our Indeed.com Nino’s page
We operate a full retail and commercial bakery, serving both the public and wholesale customers. We create cakes, pies, cookies, pastries and breads. We service commercial clients with packaged meals – as well as provide food for business and personal functions.
In our restaurant, we serve breakfast and lunch 7 days a week, dinner 6 days a week. We operate a full-service bar. On selected evenings, we feature entertainment. Hours of operation are 7 am through 8/10 pm. Work at Nino’s in a friendly, relaxed, family culture.
Sun News Media
Multi-Media Account Executive
The successful candidate will work closely with accounts helping them grow their business through a variety of multi-media platforms such as print, digital, video and email/direct mail.
- Are you looking for a career and not a job?
- Do you want to work in an energetic success-oriented environment?
- Are you driven to make sales goals?
- Do you want to make money?
- Are you independent, smart, and nimble?
- Are you creative?
- Do you love to work independently?
- Did we say, do you like to make money?
- If so, we want to talk to you!
We prefer 1-3 years outside sales experience, digital experience a plus.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
WENG, WCXS Radio
Sales Account Executives
No radio experience needed, but sales experience preferred. High energy, good people and organization skills, a smile, plus a desire for success working in a fun environment are all that are necessary.
You know our stations for their excellence in delivering the very best in community broadcasting. At WENG we bring you local information, national and local news, 24 hour weather, Tampa Bay Rays baseball, Lightning hockey and high school sports, as well as compelling national syndicated programming. At WCSX, we bring you all that plus all your classic country music favorites.
Join our radio sales team now – Call Bill Fleming, Sales Manager at 941.661.2168 for details. WENG, WCXS and Fiorini Broadcasting are equal opportunity employers.
Florida Media Group, LLC publisher of Florida Weekly, Wellen Park Journal and Florida Weekly Digital is searching for a Media Sales Executive in Punta Gorda.
Full-time. Full benefits, vacation time, uncapped earning potential and a collaborative culture are just some of the great benefits this role and company has to offer.
If you are a passionate, hard-working individual that thrives in fast-paced environments and want to join a dynamic, fun and entrepreneurial company then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Identify new business opportunities, aggressively pursue them and close new sales.
- Provide strategic advice and help businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients’ monthly investments.
- Stay informed of print and digital advertising best practices.
- Possess a hunter’s mentality
- Strong relationship building interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- A strong network and reputation is highly preferred
- Excellent listening, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive to succeed
Founded in 2007, Florida Media Group, LLC is a leading publishing company based in Fort Myers. Florida Media Group, LLC provides advertising and marketing solutions to businesses. For more info, please visit www.floridaweekly.com
Background check, drug test and driving record verified prior to employment. Florida Media Group LLC is an EOE employer and a drug free workplace.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you energetic, certified and friendly? Come join our team!
- Studio Manager (CPT, AED, CPR)
- Membership Manager (CPT, AED, CPR)
- Certified Trainers (CPT, AED, CPR)
- Administration & Front Desk
Grand opening soon. Our vast and growing library of functional training movements allows us to vary workout programs to keep consumers engaged with fresh content, stay in the forefront of consumer trends and drive maximum individual results, while helping our members achieve their fitness goals. Learn more about these great opportunities.
Contact Michael Blueming Jr. at 561.788.5260 or email PortCharlotteWest@F45Training.com
Learn more about F45 at: F45training.com/portcharlottewest
Burnt Store Marina Country Club
Burnt Store Marina Country Club is searching for a few great Servers and Dishwashers.
Positions are part time. You must be flexible to work various shifts. Shifts will include days, night, weekends, and holidays.
Contact Peggy Miller at 941.639.4151 or stop by in person. We are located at 24315 Vincent Avenue, off Burnt Store Road, about 8 miles south of Punta Gorda.
Creative Window Treatments
Creative Window Treatments is seeking a Window Treatment Decorator/Designer to join our team in Punta Gorda and Englewood. Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Soft Treatments. Hunter Douglas product knowledge a plus.
- Customer Service focused
- Good math skills and detail oriented
- Professional and dependable
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to figure yardage for soft treatments
- Experienced with Excel
Please email resumes to Eddie@mycreativewindow.com
Punta Gorda Elks Lodge #2606
Line Cook, Sous chef full-time for a private club restaurant. Abilities include food prep, use of fryers, flat tops, broilers, stoves and ovens. Pay rate dependent upon experience and abilities. Call Chef Gary is 941.232.1492.
Riviera Bar and Grill
Servers, Cooks, and Dishwashers
Please call 941.639.2633 or visit our restaurant at 5500 Deltona Dr., Punta Gorda, FL 33950 today
City of Punta Gorda
A variety of job postings are currently available for viewing at https://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/government/human-resources/employment-opportunities.
We invite you to become a part of the team that works to preserve and enhance Punta Gorda’s identity as a vibrant waterfront community, unique in character and history; and as a desirable place to live, work and visit.
Prompt Towing Service
Prompt Towing and Transport is taking applications for: Flatbed Tow Trucks Class E, Heavy Duty Tow Truck Operator Class A & Transport Division Class A driver hauling construction equipment.
Must be 25 years of age
Clean drivers license
Clean background check
Dockside Detailing Service
Part-Time Helper needed for the Detailing of Boats & RVs
- Punta Gorda based company
- Work limited to Charlotte County
- No prior experience necessary/Will train suitable candidates
- Outdoor working environment
- Must be able to maneuver, wash and wax boats on land or in water
- All tools, equipment & work platforms provided
- 1099 employment arrangement
- Pay commensurate with experience up to $15/hr.
To apply, email resume to: email@example.com or by phone to
800.856.1098 menu option #2.
Right at Home
Right at Home is a leading in-home care provider for seniors and disabled adults. We are looking for caring and compassionate Caregivers and Companion Care who want to make a difference in the life of a senior and their family.
Want to help seniors and others remain living independently in the privacy and comfort of their own home. Would you like to feel good about your work? Get the Right Career with Right at Home.
What we can offer:
- Immediate shifts available
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training
- Supportive environment
Applicants can apply on-line or in person at our office at 2960 S. McCall Rd. Unit 205 Englewood
Suncoast Humane Society
Suncoast Humane Society, a non-profit organization, is looking for a highly motivated individual to oversee their volunteer program. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining an effective volunteer program that meets the needs of all of our programs. Candidate must be highly organized with strong attention to detail, have strong written and oral communication skills, must be a team player, and must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Compassion for people and animals a must.
Please send your resume to Fatime Duka at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Suncoast Humane Society is looking to hire a truck driver for our thrift stores in Englewood and Venice. The right candidate will pick up and deliver furniture, boxes of household items, and other goods as assigned. This position will work with an assistant in loading, unloading and picking up of donations. Excellent customer service skills are required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more, pick up furniture, and drive a 14′ box truck. A valid Florida driver’s license is required. Please send resume and cover letter to Leah Cornish, Director of Business & Finance, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Suncoast Humane Society is looking to hire a full time, passionate and experienced Veterinarian. Our vision is to celebrate a community whose pets are safe, protected and loved. We are located in Southwest Florida where you may enjoy beautiful weather year-round with a plethora of outdoor activities and just a short day trip from destinations such as Orlando, Miami and the Florida Keys. The Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the team. This is a skilled, professional position requiring the performance of surgical sterilization, preventive health care, and overseeing medical examination and treatment of animals received at Suncoast Humane Society. This includes supervising surgical assisting staff. A Doctoral Degree of Veterinarian Medicine is required, and two years of experience is preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Fatime Duka, Interim Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Charlotte County Utilities Department
Summer Internship Program
The Charlotte County Utilities Department is seeking applicants for its six-week summer internship program. Applicants must be current high school students. The paid internship program will give students hands-on experience while learning about water distribution, treatment facilities, and wastewater collection.
The program starts on Monday, June 13 and ends on Friday, July 22. The hours are 7 am to 3:30 pm.
For information, contact Jodi Sullivan at 941.764.4508 or Jodi.Sullivan@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
Local Job Postings in ChamberMaster
Employers at the October 27th Job Fair
Ambitrans Medical Transport
Approved Home Health/Tidewell
Campbell's Enrolled Agents
Charlotte County Clerk of Courts
Charlotte County Government
Charlotte County Public Schools
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office
Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center
Charlotte Technical College
Chelsea Place Home Care
Express Employment Professionals
FL Department of Children and Families
Graddy Insurance Group
Granny Nannies Home Care
Integrity Employee Leasing
Right at Home
South Port Senior Living
Southern Technical College
Suncoast Trucking Academy
Symbiont Service Corp
Veteran Services - Charlotte County
Village Fish Market