Current Employment Opportunities
Employers: to add or remove a submissions, please send an email to email@example.com by 2PM on Monday. This is a FREE service to members and this email goes to members and the community at large.
Dated November 9, 2022
Coastal Expressions Wine Bar
Local, fun WINE BAR in the Isles of Punta Gorda is looking to expand their kitchen staff. Are you looking for a part time position with a limited menu for easy prepping and execution? Flexible shifts to work with your “semi-retired” lifestyle! Or are you a high school student 18+ or new college graduate? Excellent opportunity to learn culinary skills in a small kitchen environment. Limited menu allows you to hone your skills in our prep kitchen.
The position will include weekday days and / or evenings plus weekends (Saturday). Occasional special events.
Approx. 12-20 hours/week. $12/hr. plus Tips.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941.214.8599.
Suncoast Human Society
Coordinator of Gratitude and Stewardship/Donor Database Coordinator
This position supports the organization’s fundraising efforts and responsible for the management and coordination of the organization’s donor database (Little Green Light), donor acknowledgments, fundraising reports and providing support to the Development and Financial Departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or at least two years of relevant experience.
Proficiency with donor software programs preferably Little Green Light or Raisers Edge Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and maintain a positive attitude while adhering to deadlines, including times of increased workload; Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis; Ability to learn, remember and integrate rules, policies and practices guiding the performance of job activities and requirements; Works well as a team member as well as independently; and, Great interpersonal skills and ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information, Team player with a ‘go-getter’ attitude
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for sending gift acknowledgements to donors and sponsors, process and maintain records on all gifts, pledges and donor-related transactions, assist with preparation of donor and mail lists for the annual report, events and reports as needed, weekly reports from online donation portal, serve as the point of contact to pull reports and print documentation and support the finance and development team, organizing and updating donor database, performs other related duties that are assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: Meets goals and deadlines as set forth in weekly, monthly and annual supervisory meetings; Positive attitude that is kind and works well with others
Position: Full Time with Full Benefits
Homeless Coalition on Charlotte County
Retail Specialist and Truck Driver for Fabulous Finds $15-$16/hr. FT and PT. No CDL required.
Donation Intake Specialist $14-$15/hr. FT and PT
Shelter Client Coordinator $14-$15/hr.1 PT, 2 FT
Kitchen Staff $13-$14/hr. PT
Cashier for Fabulous Finds $12/hr PT
Retail Manager for Fabulous Finds $38,000-$42,000 salary FT
Warehouse Receiving Manager for Fabulous Finds $38,000-$42,000 salary FT
John F. Guarino MD PA, Matthew Tufts MD, Vincent Brown MD
Busy General Surgery Practice has an opening for a full-time receptionist . We are seeking an outgoing, experienced, able to multitask, and be a team player. Job requires scheduling patients for surgery, charting, medical records, and assisting the providers .You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Insurance verification, collection of copay/deductible
- Check in / Check out
- Schedule appointments
- Answer phones
- Send, receive, request medical records
- Basic office tasks
- Billing and coding experience
Email administration: Brooke Bulifant email@example.com
Jobs available. Come to our office at 27147 Del Prado Parkway in Harbor Heights to apply, Monday-Friday
10 am-4 pm
The Visual Arts Center
Community Engagement Manager – PT 25-30 hours
The Visual Arts Center (VAC) is seeking a go-getter to join our team! The Community Engagement Manager will focus on business development opportunities for the VAC. This position maintains positive relations with local businesses, donors, foundations, local media, governments, chambers of commerce, and other community organizations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the community.
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and support efforts to foster positive relationships.
- Oversight for fundraising events, donation campaigns, sponsorships, and business partnerships.
- Utilizes network to fulfill all aspects of event development such as food vendors, musicians, etc.
- Ensure that our sponsors receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service.
- Works with Communications Manager with branding of all outgoing forms, flyers, social media advertising for events, exhibits, etc.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes radio advertising and remote opportunities with iHeart radio.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma is required, further education may be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with superior time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently, including managing multiple events and deadlines proactively identifying and completing tasks.
- Ability to evaluate cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization.
- Strong collaborations skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and frontline employee groups.
- Excellent persuasion skills
Education and Experience:
- Experience with organizing, promoting, and managing large-scale fundraising efforts.
- Detail orientation, project management, and execution skills, a commitment to results, and the ability to perform well and influence others.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Fundraising and/or Capital Campaign experience a bonus.
- Non-Profit experience a plus.
Contact by email only to HR@visualartcenter.org. Please attach current resume.
The Yoga Sanctuary
The Yoga Sanctuary is a boutique yoga studio whose mission is to share our passion for yoga with the community by providing a warm, safe environment to develop the tools needed to incorporate yoga into everyday life. One of the many ways we do that is to provide a full approach to self-care that includes massage therapy.
We are currently seeking to expand our massage and wellness offerings by bringing in an experienced massage therapist who is looking for a long-term role in a stable and positive environment.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of three years massage therapy experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to engage with clients, understand the client’s needs and appropriately adjust their technique to meet the client’s needs.
- A strong intention to help others through the healing benefits of massage.
- An ability to develop and propose client treatment plans unique to their individual needs.
- An ability to educate clients on the benefits of massage.
- A background and understanding of yoga or a willingness to learn about the benefits of yoga.
- A willingness to learn about The Yoga Sanctuary and all that we offer in an effort to propose an integrated approach to the client’s overall wellbeing.
- A valid massage license: compliance with all local and state licensing laws and regulations
- Updated liability insurance
How to Apply
- Please send an email to Jennifer@theyogasanctuary.bizwith the subject line: “Interested in massage therapist position”
- Include an introductory letter in the body of the email describing your style of massage and the various techniques you employ. Answer the question: “What can one expect from a massage with you?”
- Attach an updated resume with three reference contacts
Hampton Manor of Punta Gorda
We are seeking an attentive and trustworthy caregiver to join our staff in providing excellent care to our clients. The caregiver will plan and follow a daily care schedule with clients, and report on any new conditions or needs that may arise. To succeed as a caregiver you should be patient, empathetic, and have strong people skills. You should be observant and committed to making your client feel safe and comfortable.
- Assisting with personal care, which may include bathroom functions, bathing, grooming, dressing, and eating.
- Ensuring the client’s home is organized according to their needs and that safety measures are in place. You may also be expected to assist with some light housework.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to perform necessary tasks.
- Providing mobility assistance may be required, for example helping the client in and out of bed, a chair, or a wheelchair.
- Assisting and escorting the client to activities or dining areas.
- Monitoring and reporting changes in health, behavior, and needs.
- A high school diploma is required, further education may be beneficial.
- 1-3 years of progressive, successful, and verifiable senior living and caregiving experience
- Must obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- A driver’s license may be strongly desired.
- A professional and friendly attitude.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, which may include night shifts.
- Must have negative TB test result
- Must pass background screening (level 2)
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Charlotte County Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller
Join Our Team Today
The office of Roger D. Eaton, Charlotte County Clerk of the Circuit Court and County Comptroller is looking for Court Clerks, Official Records Clerks, Technical Support staff and a Systems Administrator. Our office is open Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. We offer low-cost health benefits, retirement plan, free life insurance, paid time off and 11 paid holidays plus your birthday off. For position details or to apply online visit: https://governmentjobs.com/careers/charlotteclerk
Charlotte Technical College
Check out our new, interactive online job board and sign up for free! CTC students will be working hard this semester to upload their resumes and career portfolios. Post your internship and career opportunities here to access our pool of skilled and motivated students and graduates!
Sun News Media
Multimedia Account Executive
Are you a digital savvy person that loves talking to people? Are you looking for a career with an established brand and uncapped earning potential? If so, we want to talk to you!
Sun News Media, the region’s strongest media company, is looking for just the right person to sell our impressive variety of advertising solutions that get results for our clients. Sell digital, email marketing, print advertising, video and more. This is a fun job, allowing you to get involved in your community while helping local businesses grow. This full-time salary position offers an earning potential exceeding $60,000 with uncapped commissions.
Prior experience in media, digital or outside sales is a definite plus, but enthusiasm and a desire to succeed goes a long way. We offer competitive compensation with benefits that include Health, Dental and Vision coverage, 401(K), Paid Time Off and more. Sun News Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: email@example.com
C.A.R.E. of Charlotte County
C.A.R.E is always looking to recruit new, helping faces! If you are looking to help make a significant impact in the community, feel free to visit our website www.carefl.org or call 941.639.5499. We look forward to meeting you and helping victims of all violent crimes.
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte Punta Gorda
ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda is looking for volunteers that are compassionate, caring and are willing to commit four hours per week for at least a six-month time period with a minimum of 60 hours.
Our volunteers graciously donate their time and energy assisting our patients and staff. Depending on your interests and the needs of the facility, you may volunteer in areas that provide you with patient interaction, like the emergency room and information desk, or in areas like the business office, human resources and the education department. You will have the opportunity to volunteer at any of our facilities: ShorePoint Health Port Charlotte or ShorePoint Health Punta Gorda. Prospective volunteers are interviewed for placement, attend an orientation session and receive required training.
Apply online at https://www.shorepointhealthcharlotte.com/volunteer-opportunities. For more information please email heather.rozelle@ShorePointhealth.com.
City of Punta Gorda
A variety of job postings are currently available for viewing at https://www.ci.punta-gorda.fl.us/government/human-resources/employment-opportunities.
We invite you to become a part of the team that works to preserve and enhance Punta Gorda’s identity as a vibrant waterfront community, unique in character and history; and as a desirable place to live, work and visit.
Keller-Williams Peace River Partners
Real Estate Agents
We are currently recruiting agents – experienced and newly licensed. FREE online classes available if you are interested in getting your Florida real estate license.
Contact Geri Vice for more information at 239.771.0227
Nurse Next Door Home Care Agency
Hiring CNAs, HHAs, Caregivers and Companions
Founded in 2001 in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Nurse Next Door Home Care Services has been disrupting the home health care industry ever since. Nurse Next Door is a global home care brand that helps seniors stay at home. We operate internationally with 200+ locations, and are continuing to expand our global footprint.
- Flexible schedules — work when and where they want
- One-on-one care — work directly with their client to provide the best care possible
- Support — 24-hour access to the Nurse Next Door Care Services Center
- Onboarding and training — eLearning, video and self-study resources
- Career as a caregiver — growth and development opportunities
- Competitive pay — $15-$18/hour
To apply, call Natalya Koshman at 941.244.5080
Home Health and Assisted Living Caregivers
We are hiring all positions and pay is based on experience and availability. Must be able to pass a level two background check and have reliable transportation.
To apply, call Kristina at 941.559.6425 or email Kristina@grandcareplus.com
Granny Nannies Home Care
Weekday CNA/HHA needed ASAP in the areas of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Arcadia and Englewood.
Must be vaccinated and have a copy of your CNA/HHA certification. Must be dependable and on-time!
Job types: Full time, Part time. Salary: $13-$17 an hour
Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (Doctor’s appointment, walks, etc.)
Must be patient, understanding, caring and passionate.
Inquire at 941.743.7606 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Sales Executive
Full benefits, vacation time, uncapped earning potential and a collaborative culture are just some of the great benefits this role and company has to offer.
- Identify new business opportunities, aggressively pursue them and close new sales.
- Provide strategic advice and help businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients’ monthly investments.
- Stay informed of print and digital advertising best practices.
Please send resumes to email@example.com